Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dating and Disasters in the Baberhood - The Beginning

Okay, for now this post will be short, but there will be much, much more to come here (hopefully). We're in a crunch time at work for the next few weeks, and during crunch time at work, myself and my two co-workers will do just about anything to avoid doing our work. So last night, during a late office night, the conversation turned to dating. My two male co-workers gave me (what they thought was) a sage hour long lecture on dating . . . although one of them believes its okay to wear tailored shorts with loafers and a blazer (we shall call him Loafers), and the other is from Wisconsin (a state where I have notoriously bad luck with men), so I'm a little skeptical of their advice. (some of their advice will be added later).

Today, I received an email from Loafers with no text in the body, simply this link:
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200803/single-marry. Go on ladies, and any gents reading this, read it. An unambiguous message from my beloved co-worker that I need to settle while my eggs are still young, my skin is still firm and my waistline is under 40.

And so I feel like the timing of receiving this article and the starting of the blog is fortuitous. This shall be an outlet for my tales along the way . . . to settling.

TFB.

Nosey Clifton

No comments:

Post a Comment