Goldie Wilton, the newest babe in the baberhood:
Is there a better way to start off my baberhood citizenship than book club, trader joe's appetizers, WINE, group facebook commenting and a dance party? I think not.
I don't clearly remember getting home, but I guess I remembered not to go to my old apartment. For the record, it's not a good idea to get bombed on your first night in a new apartment- i had no idea where i was, who i was, or what the heck was going on when I woke up this morning. Looked down to find myself dressed in sweatpants (fine) and an inside out zip-up hoodie with just a bra underneath (not fine).
I wandered into the bathroom to find that my contacts had actually made their way into the case with solution (small miracle). For reasons still unknown, my scale was hanging out in the middle of the floor- not where I left it before book club (weighing myself when i'm drunk? "i wonder how much all that wine weighs! let's find out!").
Then, I wandered into the living room to find a full bag of popped microwave popcorn propped up on the couch, open and ready to be devoured. I guess I didn't get to the devouring part. But I did figure out how to use my new microwave. Who needs manuals when you're bombed and starving?
Needless to say, today was a struggle. One of my young coworkers asked me if I was ok because "it looks like you were crying". Sorry, young whippersnapper, but that's the wrong diagnosis for my red eyes and no makeup. This babe just got hit with a powerful dose of the baberhood and that's nothing to cry about!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment